Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coffee. The black goddess in a cup.

I love coffee.  Not necessarily the way I feel (like the most cheerful, motivated woman on earth the minute the caffeine kicks in), but that bold, nutty taste.  That warmth and comfort of toastiness, blended with a rich flavored creamer, a.k.a. total overload of chemicals and crap.  Coffee and I have a great relationship, but I can't always justify the creamer.  It's beyond terrible for the body, as well as the waistline.  So I have a rebound for when I want to treat my body right, Dandy Blend.  It is an instant herbal drink chocked full of dandelion, chicory root, and beetroot.  It's taste mimics coffee enough to satisfy me.  The great part is, it's free of pesticides, acidity and caffeine.  It's healthy, and at 5 calories per serving, I'll take it! 

A great product that makes this even more coffee-like, is So Delicious brand coconut milk creamer.  They have three flavors: Original, French Vanilla, and Hazelnut.  "So" yummy.  Silk brand makes flavored creamers too.  I try and avoid soy products, but not all stores carry the So Delicious creamers.  If I do splurge on the soy, I like the french vanilla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment