Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Necesseties

In my experience with healthy eating, I have found a list of foods that I like to call my necessities.  I keep these on hand at all times...they are what I lean on to make my "staple" meals and snacks.


Raw Almonds- the best snack, especially when I'm running out the door

Almond Milk- I buy the unsweetened vanilla and the regular vanilla

Just Great Stuff brand, Organic Powdered Peanut Butter

Raw Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil- I use it for everything...it's SO good for you

Organic Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)

Unsweetened Shredded Coconut

Bob's Redmill GF Quick Cooking Oats

Unpasteurized Raw Honey- my main sweetener, I use it daily

Organic Green Tea- thank God for this, there are tons of health benefits

Frozen Berries- for the daily protein smoothie

Frozen Veggie Mix- I buy the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix...yes fresh is always best, but I keep this on hand for when I'm in a pinch

Bananas

Organic Fuji or Braeburn Apples

Sweet Potatoes (not Yams)

Onions

Bell Peppers

Zucchini

Carrots

Beets

Garlic


I literally buy these items in bulk.  There are so many alternatives to crappy processed flours, sugars...foods in general, it's amazing.  Again, these are just my necessities, I buy a much wider range of foods to go along with these things.





No comments:

Post a Comment